Thursday, April 21, 2011

Raft guide training and New summer home!!

Well.. this weekend is easter long weekend and I am headed out to the Rouge River for my second weekend of Raft Guide training!  Last weekend was rainy, cold , windy and snowy so I decided not to camp out... It was really exhausting, spending 8-9 hours on the water and then 3 hours of theory.. Turns out that steering a 15 foot raft is nothing like paddling a kayak and its wayyyy harder! Im having lots of fun and gaining swimming skills for sure!!

Apparently I will guide the whole Canyon Harrington section of the Rouge wich is big class IV water at these spring levels! Im pretty fired up! Im also looking forward to camp in my new summer home aka truck cap! It has plenty of space and a nice big roof rack to haul the boats!!

Heres a few pics!!


No comments:

Post a Comment