Friday, December 31, 2010

Season 2010 wrap up!!

Well, the 2010 season has come to an end!
Spent the day out at Sewer wave with the guys from CDB and my buddy Gerard with his new surf board trying to dodge 30 sq ft deadly chunks of ice! That means get the f*ck off the wave..FAST! hahaha
Overall it was an awesome day and I learned a few things about carving and being where you want to be on the wave and not the other way around.

Heres a little sum up of this season :

-June 25-26-27 I did my Level I & II course on the Rouge and ran my first rapids and did my first roll.

-Mid july I bought my gear and my first boat, a Riot Booster 60 only to find out I had lost my roll...

-End of July I got back my roll and practiced ferries and catching eddies EVERY single day @ Champlain.

-Beginning of August I ran the Main Channel on the Ottawa for the first time. Went through Phil's hole fine but swam at Butchers Knife. Learned why its called Butchers knife on those slicky rocks in shallow water. I also learned that a Bootie beer doesnt taste half as good as beer in a glass.

-Mid August I did my first 20 second surf at Lower JJ's wave in Deschenes and ran the Quyon falls a hundred times! I then sold my Booster thinking I was done for the year.

-September, I ran the Main Channel again with no swims and broke the outfitting in Christian's boat right after my first surf on Babyface. Then I didnt paddle until November as I was working my ass off to get me some cold weather gear and a new boat.

-November, I got myself a drytop and drypants and a 08 Jackson Superstar with a AT4 Play paddle and went and ran the Lower Madawaska River for my first cold weather paddle..I also learned about Brainfreezes. Went to Valleyfield whitewater park, did the sweet seal launch twice and got chundered in a hole. Fun times!

-December has been real great for me. Good Water levels and progressing more than ever. Staying on a wave for minutes at a time, sidesurfs, spins, surfing without a paddle and gaining confidence. By far the best month of my season! Summed it up by this beautiful day and stayed upright the whole time!

Now whats in store for me in 2011???
Im starting off by getting hammered with good friends tonight and resting tomorrow! Sunday I am heading out to Sewer wave to paddle again and im going to try a surfboard! Videos to come! Then I might lay low until spring and head out to Sewer when its really warm out. I'll be endurance training out in the cold, learn how to edit videos and outfit my new loaner kayak Richard gave me so that I can teach friends and bring them along! Ill be buying a creekboat anytime now and thats what ill be focusing on come spring. The Moose River, Mississipi River, Beaver Creek and a few other ones in QC are the ones I have in mind for now. This year is going to be all about learning and be in total control of my boats. Ill be spending all my weekends on the Ottawa River as I will be renting a camp spot down there from May till October.

Anyways im getting tired of writing and youre probably getting tired of reading. See you all in 2011 and have a Happy New Year! All the Best to you guys!

Who Needs a Paddle Anyways!???


 Gerard with his surfboard!!

No comments:

Post a Comment