Monday, January 24, 2011

Little Update from Siberia! Humm I mean Canada!

Well, Since ive sold my playboat to buy the new Jackson Villain L, I havent been boating at all besides CUKC Pool session last Saturday! Tried out the new boat and the 2010 All-Star, witch is a bit too small for me. Im looking into getting a 2010 Superstar and there are two Jackson kayak riders that are selling theirs to get the lastest Jackson Playboat, The Rockstar. A bit on the expensive side so I might wait. There water levels are real high this week and Champlain Waves are "in" but with temperatures averaging in the -30 c, kayaking isnt an option so no hurry.

I am heading out to a cottage at Tremblant next weekend and there are some really nice Class V creeks about a minute from our cottage and some continuous 3km class III+ Whitewater I might go scout! If I can find a nice park and huck spot ill run a few laps on the waterfall as I am bringin my kayak. We thought itd be fun to kayak down a snowy hill!

The whitewater Grand Prix is also coming up April 30th and I will definately head down to check out the Freestyle and Big Wave contest! Heres the website with all the riders for this year!
http://whitewatergrandprix.com/

Anyways, that is all for me so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment